About Me

My photo
I am a retired English teacher and department head, the mother of three grand mother of four, and have been married to the same man for 52 years. I subscribe to Dr. PM Forni's concept of Civility. I was born in South Philadelphia and grew up in the 'burbs. I love soft pretzels and cheesesteaks, the Phillies, the Eagles, and San Diego. I love being Mom, Aunt Kathy, Nona Kathy, and Teacher. I spend a lot of time in my gardens in the spring and summer, and in the winter I plan what I'm going to plant. I also am an avid reader and photographer.

Translator!

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Musings on Anna Nicole Smith

The saddest part about this woman's death is the motherless infant she's left behind. For the life of me, however, I cannot fathom all the media coverage and the sorrowful mournings. AOL took a poll on the cause of death and for whom most had concern. No where was the question or the spot to post my real feelings: who the Hell cares! There is so much happening in the the world around us, so many others more worthy of our attention -- others who have had such a positive effect on the world, why pay so much attention to this wreck of a woman who has always seemed hell-bent on destroying herself? Maybe I've answered my own question: her life is like that accident we don't want to look at, but can't help but gawk at. Perhaps we do so in a combination of disbelief and abject embarrassment (and maybe relief that she's not our daughter!!!) It must have been a really slow new's week.

No comments: