1. Somehow, on a visit to the beach at Coronado,CA, I wandered onto the Navy Seals' private beach. In my defense, there were no signs posted. Yes, I thought it odd that there was no one lying there soaking up the sun, or frolicking in the sparkling aqua waters of the Pacific. I thought I was just lucky and could maybe walk to the Mexican border. And yes, the armed guard was very respectful as he chased me North, screaming, "Ma'am you have to get out of here!"
2. I am a sucker for vacuum cleaners (forgive the pun). That picture of a machine sucking up dirt, bolts, and pet hair just speaks to me! We've owned them all: The Lightning; The Thunder; The Oreck; a Hoover Wind Tunnel; various and sundry other Hoovers; a Eureka; a Dirt Devil or two; a central vacuum system in our house in NJ (worked great on bare surfaces; not so much on carpets); and now finally, a Dyson. When I pull that baby out, the dirt literally runs (so does the cat, but that's another story).
3. I love The Weather Channel -- not so much their "features" like It Could Happen Tomorrow or , Weather Stories but the day-to-day weather reporting. They are my company while cooking or knitting or doing a crossword puzzle. Yes, sometimes I do enjoy total quiet, but not always. And knowing what an isobar is, well, is frankly just exciting.
4. Desperate Housewives captivates me. I've just 'found' this show recently. I watch re-runs of it during the day -- taping on Tivo when I'm out and about. I'm into season two, I believe. My husband cannot believe my new found addiction. He says it's totally unlike me. Not sure what that means. I do know that "DH" is probably less harmful to me than my M & M peanut phase.
5. I'm not 'allowed' to ask any of our friends to read my blog. Richard says I was scaring people.
- I am a retired English teacher and department head, the mother of three, grand mother of three, and have been married to the same man for 42 years. I subscribe to Dr. PM Forni's concept of Civility. I was born in South Philadelphia and grew up in the 'burbs. I love soft pretzels and cheesesteaks, the Phillies, the Eagles, and San Diego. I love being Mom, Aunt Kathy, Nona Kathy, and Teacher. I spend a lot of time in my gardens in the spring and summer, and in the winter I plan what I'm going to plant. I also am an avid reader and photographer.