About Me

My photo
I am a retired English teacher and department head, the mother of three grand mother of four, and have been married to the same man for 52 years. I subscribe to Dr. PM Forni's concept of Civility. I was born in South Philadelphia and grew up in the 'burbs. I love soft pretzels and cheesesteaks, the Phillies, the Eagles, and San Diego. I love being Mom, Aunt Kathy, Nona Kathy, and Teacher. I spend a lot of time in my gardens in the spring and summer, and in the winter I plan what I'm going to plant. I also am an avid reader and photographer.

Translator!

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Favorite Things

A nod to Ruth's blog/meme on her favorite things...Here are some of mine.

A Storm at Sea -- Fort Lauderdale, Florida


A Water Spout on the Horizon -- Fort Lauderdale, Florida


Monterossa al Mare, Cinque Terre, Italy (2007)


View from the Isle of Capri, Italy (2007)

2. While I'm particular to roses, I love all flowers and my garden.

A Rose in the Town Square at Sonoma


My garden early May, 2008


Richard, Marge, and David in the Gardens in Vancouver, BC


The Italian Garden at Butchart Gardens, Victoria, BC


3. I love Glaciers, Whales, and all things Alaskan.

The Sawyer Glacier and 'berger bits' while on board NCL The Wind

4. This marker at Sullivan's Island, SC, remembering the area's history, and the lives and contributions of the thousands of slaves that ended their Middle Passage here, moves me greatly.

9 comments:

Andrew said...

The "storm at sea" is my favorite one. That is just incredibly beautiful and dangerous at the same time. I could almost smell the salty air!

KathyA said...

Hi Andrew! It was an incredible sight watching that storm approaching! That's always been a fav photo of mine.

Cheryl said...

It's an amazing picture, Kathy. You've traveled to places I'd love to see.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I'm so glad you played. This was great.

That historical marker was an unexpected but brilliant choice. I love the ocean and garden photos too.

Real Live Lesbian said...

Wow...I agree! That storm pic is amazing!

You've been to some beautiful places!

Anonymous said...

I love all those photos...especially the storm one.

I have to smile that your favorites all seem to be of the earth and sea. I'm pretty much that way too. :)

Gin said...

What glorious photos! I love the clouds...they look so big. I'm thinking I want to take an Alaskan cruise.

Brad said...

Great picutres - I haven't been to Bouchart for a very long time. This was a great reminder for a short local vacation this year.

Rick Rockhill said...

this is an awesome post, I really enjoyed it.