About Me

My photo
I am a retired English teacher and department head, the mother of three grand mother of four, and have been married to the same man for 52 years. I subscribe to Dr. PM Forni's concept of Civility. I was born in South Philadelphia and grew up in the 'burbs. I love soft pretzels and cheesesteaks, the Phillies, the Eagles, and San Diego. I love being Mom, Aunt Kathy, Nona Kathy, and Teacher. I spend a lot of time in my gardens in the spring and summer, and in the winter I plan what I'm going to plant. I also am an avid reader and photographer.

Translator!

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Waiting for Warmer Weather or Let the Planting Begin!!

Waiting for Richard to return from his week-long trip to Illinois. Even after being married for all these years, we still really miss each other.
I got up early this morning (early for me, that is) and took these photos specifically to share with you. It's been rainy and a bit chilly here, but warmer temperatures are on the way as over the weekend we'll experience 85 degrees or better. Maryland is like that as I've said before.

This is the Kwanzon cherry tree in our backyard. While it's in full bloom, the blooms are still tight. With the warmer weather, these will open up even more, and then it will 'snow' pink.

A few 'transition' pots on my porch steps: lemon tree (on top), alstromeria (Peruvian lilies)(next step), and primrose on the bottom step with creeping Jennie waiting for addition of red geraniums and purple verbena.

My roses from Trader Joe's.

4 comments:

Purple Flowers said...

That tree is so healthy looking and beautiful! How long does it stay in bloom?
I bet that lemon tree has a wonderful aroma in the summer on the porch. I love lemon in/on alot of food and beverages. Your flowers look really good. I think the dry, sunny weather will help everything. Our tulips are drooping from the rain.

Purple Flowers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Lovely. Just lovely. I did another walk at the Botanic Garden today, and I'm looking forward to getting outside. It's supposed to be warm tomorrow and Saturday.

Cheryl said...

Maryland is a great place to be in the spring. Great pictures. Great seeing you today.