Sweet Virginia Breeze was kind enough to mention me in her blog and to give me The Honest Scrap Award. There are a couple of requirements:
The Honest Scrap award is not one to hold all to yourself, but must be shared!
First, the recipient has to tell 10 true things about themselves in their blog that no one else
Second, the recipient has to pass along this prestigious award to 10 more bloggers.
Third, those 10 bloggers all have to be notified that they have been given this award.
Those 10 bloggers that receive this award should link back to the blog that awarded them
"The Honest Scrap" award.
This presents a problem because I absolutely love all the blogs that I follow or I wouldn't be following them, right? So I need to chew on this for a bit and may be completing these requirements in stages.
Meanwhile, I need to include ten (10) interesting things that no one knows about me. Frankly, this is a problem as my life is an open book. I mean, I'm not the kind of girl to hold back, but here goes...
1. I only eat tuna salad from Panera and I don't cook fish in my house, although I like it a lot and usually order it when we eat out, which is often.
2. My next house instead of having a kitchen, will feature a drive-thru window.
3. I have a heart-shaped birthmark on the back of my right ankle.
4. I find body piercings repulsive.
5. I think bald men are hot.
6. I love being around people, but I hate crowds; they scare the hell out of me and I'm not comfortable at parties where I know no one, but I'm working on this.
7. People who walk through stores, in public, in the check out line and talk on the phone really piss me off. I think they're rude. The same thing with people who walk around with phone head sets or a blue tooth on. I think they're jackasses.
8. If I'm around someone who has an accent for more than ten minutes, I find myself imitating them.
9. I frequently burst out in song in public. This is the reason my youngest child, now an adult, won't go anywhere with me.
10. I like to smile at people for no reason.
- I am a retired English teacher and department head, the mother of three, grand mother of three, and have been married to the same man for 42 years. I subscribe to Dr. PM Forni's concept of Civility. I was born in South Philadelphia and grew up in the 'burbs. I love soft pretzels and cheesesteaks, the Phillies, the Eagles, and San Diego. I love being Mom, Aunt Kathy, Nona Kathy, and Teacher. I spend a lot of time in my gardens in the spring and summer, and in the winter I plan what I'm going to plant. I also am an avid reader and photographer.