About Me

My photo
I am a retired English teacher and department head, the mother of three grand mother of four, and have been married to the same man for 52 years. I subscribe to Dr. PM Forni's concept of Civility. I was born in South Philadelphia and grew up in the 'burbs. I love soft pretzels and cheesesteaks, the Phillies, the Eagles, and San Diego. I love being Mom, Aunt Kathy, Nona Kathy, and Teacher. I spend a lot of time in my gardens in the spring and summer, and in the winter I plan what I'm going to plant. I also am an avid reader and photographer.

Translator!

Sunday, August 2, 2009

"Another Saturday Night and I Ain't Got Nobody"...and Going in for Upkeep and Maintenace

It was actually a sweet Saturday night. Our youngest, daughter Robyn, stopped in for dinner and discussion. We talked about horses (of course), the other animals in her life, work, and dished some dirt for a bit. After she left, Richard and I settled down in comfy clothes, he to his laptop, and me to my Harlan Coben. Burn Notice marathon playing in the background.

This week I will set up the first of two surgeries on my hands. There's a lot to be said for doing both carpal tunnel reliefs at the same time, but I'd really like to have one relatively able hand available. The bad news: after the second surgery is done, I won't be typing for at least two weeks. (After the first is done, I can still type with one hand, albeit slowly.) Cheryl and Richard have offered to help. I'll take them up on it to be sure. Will I suffer Blog Withdraw? YOU BETCHA'! But I'll deal with it.

13 comments:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Wow, I didn't know you were going to have the surgeries done. Best of luck to you with them. I'll miss your blogging.

Purple Flowers said...

If I lived closer, I would type for you!

bettyC said...

We'll suffer too...I'll miss your blogs. Call if you need anything...it would give B and I an excuse to get moving. Good luck.
betty

Jay said...

Holy moly! I hope the surgeries go well. You might could do audio posts. There are a few sites out there where you can record a message and then post it to your blog.

Unknown said...

Kathy, I will write to you a lot to keep your mood up-beat and to entertain you. I have had mmany, many surgeries so I know surgery isn't that fun even when the outcome will be worth it. Good luck and please have Richard blog or email to let us know how you are.
I'd love to hear more about your daughter Robyn as it sounds like she's an animal lover. My sister is a horse-back rider and spends as much time with them as possible.

Burn Notice is a fun show, I really enjoy it! I've always liked the main actor, I'm forgetting his name right now & always hoped he would find a successful show.
Amy

beachgirl said...

If I lived closer I would also write for you. I like the idea of a video blog. Sounds interesting. I could have dogs barking in the back ground just as I tried to record.

When is your surgeries?

Cheryl said...

I meant what I said about being your gal Friday. You dictate, I'll type!

Sweet Virginia Breeze said...

Good luck on your surgeries. We will miss your posts while you are recovering. When are they scheduled?

Lena said...

My Goodness, I didn't realize you needed two surgeries. I will sure miss reading your blog and I hope you take up Cheryl on her offer to be your gal Friday! Video blogs are fun, too.

Take care and I will be thinking about you.

cri said...

Hello Kathy! You are quite right!!!
I'm sad because I knew nice people, but they all live away, too far from me...
It would be nice to live near....
Now I knew a girl from Marina di Montemarciano and it would be great to meet her!!!

Gilly said...

Hope all goes well with your carpel tunnel surgery. I had one done years ago, and it was areal pain having to have my right hand out of order!!

Good luck!!

Becky Mushko said...

Best wishes and speedy recovery on your surgeries. Let us know how you're doing.

Brad said...

Well if your gonna dictate - why not do an audio blog! - You have a great voice!