About Me

My photo
I am a retired English teacher and department head, the mother of three grand mother of four, and have been married to the same man for 52 years. I subscribe to Dr. PM Forni's concept of Civility. I was born in South Philadelphia and grew up in the 'burbs. I love soft pretzels and cheesesteaks, the Phillies, the Eagles, and San Diego. I love being Mom, Aunt Kathy, Nona Kathy, and Teacher. I spend a lot of time in my gardens in the spring and summer, and in the winter I plan what I'm going to plant. I also am an avid reader and photographer.

Translator!

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

And Away We Go...

It's been a day filled with laundry, packing, bed-making, running errands and babysitting; a full day to be sure. 
I'll catch up with you all in a few.  We're going to escape this hot, humid weather and go down to Florida where it's cooler and there aren't as many bugs.  :)  Seriously, we need a few days to sit on the beach and re-group and it's empty down there with all the snow birds having come North.

12 comments:

Lena said...

Enjoy your trip and relax on that beach!

KiraAJ said...

Have fun! Enjoy it :)

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Enjoy your trip Kathy.... This is a good time to go to Florida... Our neighbors across the street just left for Florida also.

Get some rest --and enjoy that beach air.
Hugs,
Betsy

George said...

Enjoy your time at the beach. And please bring some of that cooler weather back up here with you!

Linda Reeder said...

Cooler and less humid in Florida? I had no idea. Have a great trip.

Jules said...

LESS bugs in Florida? Really?

Those damn snow birds. Once they get done with you then tend to head out west. Our hunting season officially opens in October.

Have a great time!

Kimberly said...

Have a great time! Maybe one day we, too, will learn to relax on vacations.

Purple Flowers said...

Kath - enjoy your getaway!!

happyone said...

Enjoy your little break!!

Mage said...

Have a great trip....all the quiet you want, and we will see you when you get home.

Bilbo said...

We're headed for the Poconos next week...hope you enjoy your vacation as much as we're hoping to enjoy ours!

Rick Rockhill said...

Aren't there more bugs in Florida??? Well regardless hope you have a WONDERFUL time!