About Me

My photo
I am a retired English teacher and department head, the mother of three grand mother of four, and have been married to the same man for 52 years. I subscribe to Dr. PM Forni's concept of Civility. I was born in South Philadelphia and grew up in the 'burbs. I love soft pretzels and cheesesteaks, the Phillies, the Eagles, and San Diego. I love being Mom, Aunt Kathy, Nona Kathy, and Teacher. I spend a lot of time in my gardens in the spring and summer, and in the winter I plan what I'm going to plant. I also am an avid reader and photographer.

Translator!

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Good Thoughts Needed

   Forrest, our young friend recuperating from the traumatic brain injury (TBI) was doing quite well until about a week ago, but must undergo yet another brain surgery today.  He is at Emory University Hospital in Atlanta.  I'm sure his doctors, nurses, and family would appreciate your prayers.
                                                                                                                                                                  

  This is what greeted me today; one of the orchids on my desk is in full bloom -- proof positive of hope.

14 comments:

Purple Flowers said...

I've been wondering about him lately. He is and will certainly be in my thoughts and prayers tonight. Thank you for letting us know how he is doing.

ain't for city gals said...

Hi Kathy...Thank you for stopping by ...I will need to read through your previous posts to read about Forrest but certainly offer up positive thoughts for him. Believe it or not I googled Rymadal (sp?) (the dog pill) and it was made for humans FIRST....then when Motrin came on the market it became too expensive (about $1.50 a pill) so they discontinued it for human consumption...lol...who knew?? Looking forward to reading your previous and future posts...

Anonymous said...

Oh my.... sending POSITIVELY POSITIVE vibes your cousin's way. I think your flower bloomed at the perfect tine.

Di

Tracy said...

Kathy,
I actually have been thinking about him lately...I certainly will keep him in my prayers.
thanks~

Lena said...

Yes, positive thoughts and prayers for Forest. I loved that the flower bloomed today and gives you hope.

Hugs to you.

happyone said...

I've just sent a prayer up for your cousin.

Anonymous said...

Offering prayers for your friend Forrest and hoping he can one day bloom again as beautiful as your orchid. I'm sure as I type this, the surgery is over and I hope he is recovery well.

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

Will remember you friend!

Your orchid is beautiful...I love them but don't seem to do well by them. Your is lovely!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Kathy, I definitely will keep Forrest (and the family) in my prayers...

Love your orchid.... WOW!!!
Hugs,
Betsy

Sally Wessely said...

Orchids to you Kathy...

I will keep your friend in my prayers. Take care.

George said...

Your orchid is absolutely beautiful.
I'm sorry to hear about Forrest's set-back. We will continue to keep him in our prayers.

Kay said...

I'll be keeping Forrest in my thoughts and wishing him strength and healing. Your orchid is a good omen.

Cheryl said...

Thinking about Forrest. You'll have to tell me more about it when I see you today.

Mage said...

You bet. :)