About Me

My photo
I am a retired English teacher and department head, the mother of three grand mother of four, and have been married to the same man for 52 years. I subscribe to Dr. PM Forni's concept of Civility. I was born in South Philadelphia and grew up in the 'burbs. I love soft pretzels and cheesesteaks, the Phillies, the Eagles, and San Diego. I love being Mom, Aunt Kathy, Nona Kathy, and Teacher. I spend a lot of time in my gardens in the spring and summer, and in the winter I plan what I'm going to plant. I also am an avid reader and photographer.

Translator!

Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Semper Vigilans

 

It has all become frighteningly clear.  The nod to the Proud Boys: ”Stand proud, stand by”; the 126 from Congress and the Republican governors wanting to reverse Electoral votes already cast, and the death threats against the Electoral College members forcing the need to sequester some of them.  This was an attempted coup.  The United States of America (not some banana republic) – heretofore the epitome of democracy “The land of the free, and the home of the brave” thwarted a subversion of our blessed Constitution.

Our country, the only one founded on the idea that we are born equal under the law, all have a voice in the running of its government, a country where when we work together we overcome great obstacles, clearly yesterday averted a take-over. 

We all must be vigilant; we must recognize threats for what they are, and we must all work together to safeguard and ensure our freedom.  Next time, we may not be as successful.

No comments: