About Me

My photo
I am a retired English teacher and department head, the mother of three grand mother of four, and have been married to the same man for 52 years. I subscribe to Dr. PM Forni's concept of Civility. I was born in South Philadelphia and grew up in the 'burbs. I love soft pretzels and cheesesteaks, the Phillies, the Eagles, and San Diego. I love being Mom, Aunt Kathy, Nona Kathy, and Teacher. I spend a lot of time in my gardens in the spring and summer, and in the winter I plan what I'm going to plant. I also am an avid reader and photographer.

Translator!

Friday, July 26, 2024

Living on Ginger Ale

 Last week my dear husband had a slightly scratchy throat.  Five years ago this would have meant nothing, but now...  A few days later his symptoms developed into a cough, running nose, and lethargy.  He tested, and of course was positive for COVID.  He alerted our doctor who prescribed Paxlovid, which mitigated his symptoms within 24 hours.  He's feeling much better and has now tested negative.

Several days after his positive test, I began to feel 'weird':  the tops of my fingers hurt --(there was no visible injury (look up 'COVID TOES')), my upper back hurt to the point I couldn't move comfortably, and then I began to feel horrendously nauseated (I wouldn't wish this on...wait a minute, I take that back, I can think of a few public figures), and sleepy...and then lower GI symptoms ensued.  And, I tested positive.

It seems one of the newer strains of COVID is this lovely GI version, and more than several people I know (no one with whom I've come in contact) have had it.  Five days later and I'm doing a lot better.  The nausea has abated for the most part, although Canada Dry and I are still close friends.

We have no idea when or where we picked this gem up, but rest assured:  it's out there.

No comments: