About Me

My photo
I am a retired English teacher and department head, the mother of three grand mother of four, and have been married to the same man for 52 years. I subscribe to Dr. PM Forni's concept of Civility. I was born in South Philadelphia and grew up in the 'burbs. I love soft pretzels and cheesesteaks, the Phillies, the Eagles, and San Diego. I love being Mom, Aunt Kathy, Nona Kathy, and Teacher. I spend a lot of time in my gardens in the spring and summer, and in the winter I plan what I'm going to plant. I also am an avid reader and photographer.

Translator!

Monday, April 20, 2020

THE CAT'S ON THE ROOF

A little down today so I'm focusing on some good stuff.

I finished the planning for my gardens and listed and tallied the numbers of the plants I will purchase this week.  We are so very much looking forward to the color, and the warmth and lushness that May brings.  C'MON MAY!!!


Many know I'm a South Philly girl.  Today we ordered cheese steaks from Pat's.  (Sorry Jim's -- Pat's had a better deal.  Buy 4 ('wit' onions and cheese); get four.  The only bad news with this is they won't be delivered until May 20th.  I think Pat is walking them down to Maryland himself.  Now all we need is pretzels from Federal or Bernies!

Marylanders learned about 45 minutes ago, that our governor, Larry Hogan and his wife,  engineered a deal with South Korea for 500,000 testing kits.  The first couple of Maryland met the delivery at BWI Thurgood Marshall this weekend.  The man is a mensch!  I understand the governor of Illinois has done something similar -- he even sent the Illinois National Guard to pick up the delivery.  Both governors had to do end runs around the current administration.  Not cool.

Our youngest daughter send us this today.  Her cat, Leon the Lion, gets pissed with her and goes and sits on the roof.  I'm wondering how I can get up on ours.  Isn't that a punch line to a joke?







2 comments:

Linda Reeder said...

The photo did not come through for me, so I will just have to imagine it.
At least we have some governors who know how to lead.
That's a long time to have to wait for sandwiches!

Bilbo said...

Don’t be down ... look forward to better days when we can eat cheese steaks in restaurants and Der Furor is just an unpleasant memory.