About Me

My photo
I am a retired English teacher and department head, the mother of three grand mother of four, and have been married to the same man for 52 years. I subscribe to Dr. PM Forni's concept of Civility. I was born in South Philadelphia and grew up in the 'burbs. I love soft pretzels and cheesesteaks, the Phillies, the Eagles, and San Diego. I love being Mom, Aunt Kathy, Nona Kathy, and Teacher. I spend a lot of time in my gardens in the spring and summer, and in the winter I plan what I'm going to plant. I also am an avid reader and photographer.

Translator!

Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Our Daily Walks

 Many know how much I loved going to the gym.  Because of COVID, however, I have not worked out there since February, and after talking with my doctor, I probably won't be going back for some time.

Instead my husband and I have taken to walking around the four nearby lakes.  We began slowly -- doing maybe a mile or so, and now walk about three miles three or four times a week.

We are really lucky to have these lakes so close.  We see all kinds of wild life -- some we're able to capture in pictures; some not.  The walks have really made a great difference in our attitudes in that we do not feel as isolated.  We also use the time to talk, make decisions, and say hello to others' furry friends.

Here are some of our favorite shots.  Enjoy these.











3 comments:

leohaven.blogspot.com said...

Kathy: I believe walking is meditative. And look how much farther you and Dick walk? Wow! Your blog is very nice. It makes me want to return to mine. I did check on it and was not able to sign in. Oh well.

Linda Reeder said...

Oh, you have some beautiful places to walk. I am still struggling with walking, but have been doing 1.7 miles each day.

Bilbo said...

I hope to get back to walking again soon ... right now my knee is giving me fits. I was doing as much as 4-5 miles at a crack before the knee gave out.