1. Cruise ships, trains, and planes - the size/power -- awesome!
2. The fact that planes can get off the ground.
3. The depth of human kindness and the antithetical depth of degradation. Humans are sooo paradoxical.
4. Spring -- specifically, that with the slightest tilt of the Earth's axis, trees, flowers, gardens, et cetera, begin to bud.
5. Earthworms, lady bugs and preying mantis - for all good reasons.
6. Stinkbugs - for all bad reasons.
7. Oceans -- how within minutes they can go from peaceful lapping to angry pounding!
8. Donovan McNabb is now a Washington Redskin and will play against the Eagles TWICE!
8b. The fact that the only football team in the nation having a racial denigration as its name is in our nation's capital.
9. George Orwell wrote an essay on the need for accuracy and simplicity of language: a complex, complicated and wordy one!
10. The infectiousness of laughter.
11. The unconditional love of pets.
12. How the brain and body need rest, but still produce dreams while we sleep.
13. The power of love.
- I am a retired English teacher and department head, the mother of three grand mother of four, and have been married to the same man for 48 years. I subscribe to Dr. PM Forni's concept of Civility. I was born in South Philadelphia and grew up in the 'burbs. I love soft pretzels and cheesesteaks, the Phillies, the Eagles, and San Diego. I love being Mom, Aunt Kathy, Nona Kathy, and Teacher. I spend a lot of time in my gardens in the spring and summer, and in the winter I plan what I'm going to plant. I also am an avid reader and photographer.