1. Alstromeria and dwarf Meyer lemon tree placed outside for the season.
2. List made for weekend activities: edge the flower beds, fill pots with soil and fertilizer, wash front windows and put in screens.
3. Cardio and weight workout completed. This also included schmoozing and some knee-slapping, raucous laughter with a number of older gym goers. These gentlemen are a real hoot. Fodder for another post.
4. Yesterday I reached my tolerance level with our house that also serves as the office for our family business, and a hostel for our adult children and their pets. I vacuumed the living room (aka baby's play room), dining room, kitchen, family room, and sun porch. Then, I retrieved a bucket, filled it with hot, hot water, SpicNSpan, and Clorox and carried it out to the sun porch, not before I realized, however, that there was a huge hole in the bottom of the bucket! So my kitchen floor was inadvertently washed as well. I grabbed another bucket, transferred what was left to it and added more water and soap, and swabbed the tile in the sun porch -- in some places twice -- singing all the while "There's a hole in my bucket, dear Liza..." I hate it when songs get stuck in my head -- especially when I don't even like the song!
5. I slept well last night...
- I am a retired English teacher and department head, the mother of three, grand mother of three, and have been married to the same man for 42 years. I subscribe to Dr. PM Forni's concept of Civility. I was born in South Philadelphia and grew up in the 'burbs. I love soft pretzels and cheesesteaks, the Phillies, the Eagles, and San Diego. I love being Mom, Aunt Kathy, Nona Kathy, and Teacher. I spend a lot of time in my gardens in the spring and summer, and in the winter I plan what I'm going to plant. I also am an avid reader and photographer.