About Me

My photo
I am a retired English teacher and department head, the mother of three grand mother of four, and have been married to the same man for 52 years. I subscribe to Dr. PM Forni's concept of Civility. I was born in South Philadelphia and grew up in the 'burbs. I love soft pretzels and cheesesteaks, the Phillies, the Eagles, and San Diego. I love being Mom, Aunt Kathy, Nona Kathy, and Teacher. I spend a lot of time in my gardens in the spring and summer, and in the winter I plan what I'm going to plant. I also am an avid reader and photographer.

Translator!

Thursday, April 12, 2012

♪♪ In the Jungle, the Mighty Jungle, the Lion Sleeps Tonight...♫♫

Okay, it's not the jungle, but our back yard -- my 'turtle' garden to be exact, and it's not a lion, but a fox -- a young one, I think.  But this is what grand daughter and I saw  - not 10 feet from the house - when we went into the back room.  I know these are TERRIBLE photos, but 1)  Ariana and I didn't want to spook him; and 2) it's through windows and a screen and at dusk; and okay 3) I'm still a lousy shot with the zoom lens of my camera.




We also visited two of our grands on Easter.  The wee one didn't get an Easter basket like his sister and cousin did, but he got some nice outfits.

Son, Michael, with Boh

Nonna Kathy gets in some hugs...

And gets a smile!

And then delivers an Easter basket to Ariana


10 comments:

Forsythia said...

I'm impressed with your photo of the "kit"---I'm such a fumble-fingers that the subject has usually changed position or left the scene by the time I am ready to take the photo.

Barb said...

That is a fox - we get them all the time in our yard in CO. I sometimes see them in Denver, too. What cutie pie Grands you have.

Linda said...

It's amazing to me how much wildlife we're seeing these days near houses and in neighborhoods. Even bear come into neighborhoods.

Sally Wessely said...

That does look like a fox to me.

Wonderful photos of the grandbabies! They are so cute.

Bilbo said...

We have foxes, too. And cute grandchildren. The grandchildren are more fun, and their eyes don't glow when you use the flash.

Gilly said...

Looks like a fox to me!

And your grandkids are just lovely!

Sweet Virginia Breeze said...

There are foxes around, but I've never seen any close to the house. They tend to stay in the woods.

The grandbabies are adorable!

Kimberly said...

I cannot believe how big the little guy has gotten!! They are both so cute - love your smile amidst the cuddles.

George said...

I really like that smile you got, and I'm sure you enjoyed the hugs. You did a good job of capturing the fox under difficult circumstances.

Mage said...

Just lovely moments shared. Thanks. I'm sitting here smiling.