About Me

My photo
I am a retired English teacher and department head, the mother of three grand mother of four, and have been married to the same man for 52 years. I subscribe to Dr. PM Forni's concept of Civility. I was born in South Philadelphia and grew up in the 'burbs. I love soft pretzels and cheesesteaks, the Phillies, the Eagles, and San Diego. I love being Mom, Aunt Kathy, Nona Kathy, and Teacher. I spend a lot of time in my gardens in the spring and summer, and in the winter I plan what I'm going to plant. I also am an avid reader and photographer.

Translator!

Monday, May 14, 2012

A Rose By Any Other Name...

Been very busy since our return to the States from our cruise and spending lots of time in the garden.  I've managed to plant all but four of the 41 pots placed in our gardens.  I got a late start because of the vacation, but I'm not complaining.


Today I cut these from the garden:


From left to right meet Double Delight, Tahitian Sunset, Mary Rose (a David Austin rose), and JFK.  All are wonderfully fragrant.

5 comments:

Sally Wessely said...

I've wondered how you were doing and how your trip went. I'm sure you had much to do when you got home.

The flowers are lovely. I love when the roses first come on. I also have JFK. It does have a very fragrant smell.

Tracy said...

Oh my gosh Kathy, those are gorgeous! Good job!

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

So we both posted roses...

You grow your own ~sigh~ they are lovely!

:0))

Linda Reeder said...

Welcome back! Roses already! Wonderful!

George said...

You obviously have some beautiful roses in your garden. Three of these are in our garden as well.