About Me

My photo
I am a retired English teacher and department head, the mother of three grand mother of four, and have been married to the same man for 52 years. I subscribe to Dr. PM Forni's concept of Civility. I was born in South Philadelphia and grew up in the 'burbs. I love soft pretzels and cheesesteaks, the Phillies, the Eagles, and San Diego. I love being Mom, Aunt Kathy, Nona Kathy, and Teacher. I spend a lot of time in my gardens in the spring and summer, and in the winter I plan what I'm going to plant. I also am an avid reader and photographer.

Translator!

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Something I'd Never Seen Before

We had a t-storm the other night -- short-lived -- that produced this:




Nature just thrills me.

8 comments:

Sweet Virginia Breeze said...

Beautiful! It's been years since I've seen a rainbow. Right now, I'd settle for a little rain.

Linda said...

I love rainbows but I've never seen any as beautiful as the ones here in the Pacific Northwest. I was in total awe when we moved here, Texas rainbows couldn't compare. I don't know why they seem so much brighter here.

Pat said...

I saw that too on Thursday night...beautiful!

Kay said...

We do get the double rainbows in Hawaii, but I haven't seen one in a while. That's a really beautiful one that you captured.

George said...

I've seen a double rainbow at the beach. They're amazing (and doubly beautiful).

(GBS) NewsFromTheHill said...

We saw just a small sliver of one the other day but nothing like that gorgeous sight! Lucky you!

Gilly said...

Clever you to photograph it! Usually by the time I have found my camera the rainbow, let alone the 2nd one, has vanished!

Barb said...

That means good luck! Great capture. Did you happen to spot the GOLD?