About Me

My photo
I am a retired English teacher and department head, the mother of three grand mother of four, and have been married to the same man for 52 years. I subscribe to Dr. PM Forni's concept of Civility. I was born in South Philadelphia and grew up in the 'burbs. I love soft pretzels and cheesesteaks, the Phillies, the Eagles, and San Diego. I love being Mom, Aunt Kathy, Nona Kathy, and Teacher. I spend a lot of time in my gardens in the spring and summer, and in the winter I plan what I'm going to plant. I also am an avid reader and photographer.

Translator!

Saturday, February 15, 2014

And It's Snowing -- Again

I swear I do not know how our friends in Manitoba get out of bed each morning.  They have snow from October to May and lots of it.  When I awoke this morning and saw the stuff coming down I wanted to grab my iPad , connect to Facebook, and stay in bed.  It was just yesterday that we were dealing with this...





I think I will celebrate the day by showering, washing my hair, and fixing myself up.  Husband is celebrating by trying to run a few errands.  We have 4 wheel drive, but let's face it, the only benefit of having 4 wheel drive is getting stuck farther from home.

Meanwhile I'll try to stay away from the chocolate.

12 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi There, I can only imagine how you feel. We don't get much snow here --but this past week we got 5 inches. It was so pretty and luckily, didn't last long... BUT--when we woke up this morning, we had MORE (after we got things all cleared). SO--I can truly understand what you all (and many others) are going through.

Where are you on Facebook? I am on FB and love it... I'm on it more than blogging these days since it's so much simpler.

Stay WARM and have a great day INSIDE.
Hugs,
Betsy

Linda Reeder said...

Chocolate can be rationed, but it must never be avoided! Have fun being snowed in.

Tabor said...

Thanks for your visit...came here to pay the return. Yes, the snow is getting a bit overwhelming, although I have to admit we have not had the worst of it as we are just far enough south to miss most. It snowed big wet flakes today for a few hours, but then changed to small flakes and disappeared not changing into rain. Our roads are clear enough for dinner out.

Tabor said...

I forgot to add that I did not avoid the chocolate and instead made some very buttery and nutty chocolate chip cookies.

Purple Flowers said...

Hi Kathy: When I saw it begin to snow, I immediately started a batch of Italian sauce. I've been baking a lot and keeping a little here, while giving most of it to our neighbors/friends.
So far I have been holding on to the winter storms with a positive attitude. I know my flower bulbs will come up beautifully. Until then, I am going for a facial on Wednesday. :)
I hope you feel better soon.

I'm With Stupid said...

It's in the 60's here today. All our snow is finally gone. Hope yours is gone soon too!

Jay

Sally Wessely said...

I get it. I understand. Today, at church even the music minister said how he just had wanted to sit on the couch and eat chocolate with winter dragging on. Today, the sun streamed through the windows at the back of the house just as it does in the spring and summer. I had such such hope of better days to come.

I eat chocolate every single day. One piece a day is allowed. Some days, I must have more.

Forsythia said...

So funny--your remark about the 4-wheel drive.

Kay said...

My daughter would LOVE to have a 4 wheel drive right now in Chicago!

Mage said...

...and I hope you are planning wonderful art to paint this coming spring and summer.

Yes, G is a keeper and he's really funny.

Mage said...

You are simply inspiring this morning. Delightful.

Gilly said...

I feel really sorry for your US residents who have all that snow! We have had a mild winter but Soooo wet - wettest winter for 250 years or something! But you have all my sympathies, Kathy - you just stay indoors and let those men deal with the snow!