About Me

My photo
I am a retired English teacher and department head, the mother of three grand mother of four, and have been married to the same man for 52 years. I subscribe to Dr. PM Forni's concept of Civility. I was born in South Philadelphia and grew up in the 'burbs. I love soft pretzels and cheesesteaks, the Phillies, the Eagles, and San Diego. I love being Mom, Aunt Kathy, Nona Kathy, and Teacher. I spend a lot of time in my gardens in the spring and summer, and in the winter I plan what I'm going to plant. I also am an avid reader and photographer.

Translator!

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Light the Fires and Feed the Birds!!

It's sleeting now and the sound of snow-blowers -- neighbors helping neighbors -- fills the air.  Last night winter dumped about 14" on us as one can witness from my office window.  That's the snow piled on the sun porch roof.



Everything is closed -- including the gym (which helps delete any guilt) and I've got bacon awaiting crisping, beans soaking for soup, and bread flour just waiting to be added to yeast.  All the important things have been attended to:  I had my hair done on Tuesday, (thanks, Cheryl!!),  saw the oncologist yesterday (celebrating 12 years), and had a fantastic fried green tomato-crabcake club (well half of one) and grits at Miss Shirley's in Roland Park. And I get to have the other half today!



 Life is good.

5 comments:

Purple Flowers said...

Yes, life is good. We have pure fluffy white snow, and I love it. I am going out to brush off the cars, but first check on my beef stew. I know what you mean about nesting; it's a great feeling.

cri said...

Dear kathy, I'm happy that everything is going right, especially for the oncologist. Please make a snow al for me and take a lot of Photo. Send them to me: I love snow! Kisses Cristina.

Linda Reeder said...

Yum. All that comfort food just waiting for the fixing, and then the eating. Sounds like a perfect way to spend a snowy day.

Mage said...

12 years...wonderful! Congratulations.

And too...
Hey, happy Valentines Day to you. Now stay warm.

Kay said...

That looks wonderful, Kathy. But 14 inches??? Oh my gosh! That's amazing! That's also a lot of shoveling. Sigh...