About Me

My photo
I am a retired English teacher and department head, the mother of three grand mother of four, and have been married to the same man for 52 years. I subscribe to Dr. PM Forni's concept of Civility. I was born in South Philadelphia and grew up in the 'burbs. I love soft pretzels and cheesesteaks, the Phillies, the Eagles, and San Diego. I love being Mom, Aunt Kathy, Nona Kathy, and Teacher. I spend a lot of time in my gardens in the spring and summer, and in the winter I plan what I'm going to plant. I also am an avid reader and photographer.

Translator!

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Looks Like We Made It!

It was a dreary winter, not quite as cold as last year, but dreary and wet.  And we made it unscathed.  Of course we did.

And now in the circle of things, I'm planning my pots -- about 40 of them will be filled with annuals.  So I'm up to my schnutz in alstromeria to zinnias, and into my spring/summer vocabulary.  Yes, I speak "flowers" as our good friends David and Marge say.



Yesterday, I sat outside with my planning book and enjoyed this...


until a spring storm chased me inside.  I'll go back out today.

And as my high school buddy Steve Bell sweetly said, "Behind every good woman is a ... cat.  


6 comments:

Sally Wessely said...

Springtime plans are often disrupted. I can't wait to see it all when it is finished. Love the photo of you with your protector. She/he (I can't remember) truly has your back.

Linda Kay said...

Kathryn, fun to see your cat sitting behind you. My hubby is a master gardener, and he is currently busy planning our back yard for our new home. We take possession on June 22nd, so he is really getting anxious.

Linda Reeder said...

Kitties are good company.
It will be fun to see what you plant in your pots.

Mage said...

welcome to spring.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Kathy, Yes --we made it too and even after our WORST Winters (ICE-wise), Mother Nature has bounced back really good... Many of our flowers have come and gone. First were the Crocuses and Hyacinths; then came the Daffodils; Next were the Tulips --and NOW our Irises are blooming.. Life is good in Tennessee even though it's still too cool to sit on the deck much yet.

Love the cat on your back! ha

Hugs,
Betsy
PS---Our Milestone Rose didn't come back this spring... Love that rose and don't know what happened. We'll try to get another one next year.

Kay said...

Since we don't really have a spring to be excited about, I'm really excited for you! You have a huge yard and it's going to be bursting forth in color.