About Me

My photo
I am a retired English teacher and department head, the mother of three grand mother of four, and have been married to the same man for 52 years. I subscribe to Dr. PM Forni's concept of Civility. I was born in South Philadelphia and grew up in the 'burbs. I love soft pretzels and cheesesteaks, the Phillies, the Eagles, and San Diego. I love being Mom, Aunt Kathy, Nona Kathy, and Teacher. I spend a lot of time in my gardens in the spring and summer, and in the winter I plan what I'm going to plant. I also am an avid reader and photographer.

Translator!

Sunday, April 26, 2015

WHEW, I'm glad that's over with!

Because my annual gardens are in pots,  I have a lot of planning and counting to do.  If I shop without a list, I am totally overwhelmed and wind up making way too many trips back to the nursery.  Even with the planning, I usually have to go back once or twice.

So, here's the list for this year.  ♫I'm so excited; and I just can't hid it; I'm about to lose my mind, and I think I like it! ♫

I think you all know where I'll be this week.  :)

Market Packs of Six
Impatiens
        2 coral
        2 red
        2 orange
        2 purple
 2   Cosmos – orange
16  Zinnia – tall growing
4    Lobelia – blue
4    Miniature zinnia/gold
2    Mixed miniature zinnia
2    (9) Coleus
1    red scarlet sage
1    purple scarlet sage

Herbs
Globe basil
Thyme
Italian parsley
Pineapple sage
Dill

Singles
1      Pink angelonia
9      Purple angelonia
25     Orange/red geraniums
10     Coral geraniums
5      Red tuberous begonias
2      Coral New Guinea Imp
6      Red New Guinea
7      Orange New Guinea
3      Purple New Guinea
6      Gerbera daisies
3      Scaevola
3      Diascia – orange
3      Lantana
4      Red spikes
1      Coral verbena
1      Pink verbena
1      Red verbena
2      Green sweet potato vine
2      Black sweet potato vine
6      Scarlet/wine million bells
2      Purple million bells
1      Red mandevilla


7 comments:

Sally Wessely said...

A list. How brilliant. Actually, when I had a garden, I kept a file box in my garden shed. I kept the tags that came attached to roses, perennials, and such in the box. Each had the date of the planting written on the tag. I never got that organized with the annuals, but that is where I needed the organization because I also ran trips to the nursery only to find that they had sold out of the colors I needed more of. I also took photos of beds so I could remember where I put what.

I miss gardening so much. I'm going to try again this year to outsmart the deer, but so far they are winning.

Linda Reeder said...

Wow. that's quite a list! And it looks like a lot of fun, too.

Linda Kay said...

That's quite a lot of work, for sure.

Susan @ A Slice of My Life said...

You are so wonderfully organized! I don't seem to be able to keep to a list. (Who am I kidding? Even making a list is torture to me!) I'm more of the mind of wandering though, getting my steps in and seeing what treasures capture my attention!

Mage said...

I'm amazed at your enthusiasm.

Kay said...

Oh wow! That's a LOT! I hope you'll be posting photos of what it will look like once they've started blooming.

Forsythia said...

You're gonna be one busy lady, but the results will be worth it. My husband has been the family gardener for years, but because of his bad knees (I've told you about this before--how he's procrastinated, and now he's finally motivated to have surgery because he can barely walk) he has been able to do very little this year. So now we have a climatis that has stopped climbing the trellis and is making itself into a tangled "O" halfway up the trellis. It's a mess. I'm doing what I can, which aint much.