All right, so I'm an idiot. About a week ago Ruth (Visions and Revisions) was gracious enough to bestow on me a "Blogger Friends" award. The conditions of this is to then pass it on to eight (8) other bloggers who through their postings form friendships. Well, for the past week, I have tried and tried again to list the names of those I wish to honor so that you all could just click on the link, and I've failed! :(, miserably. Ruth even sent me a step-by-step, but alas I sit here linkless. (Maybe I can lure Cheryl over here with the promise of coffee???) She's my computer maven.
So, what I've decided to do is just name those dear folks. I'll also list their blogs and you all will have to do the work.
1. Cheryl from myladeda (Oh dear heavens, I think I did it!!!!! I figured it out!! :):):) Disregard all the self-denigrating crap above)-- Cheryl was the person who got me started doing this. For two years while she was cutting my hair, she'd revel me in blog stories and friendships made. Two long, frickin' years... Only kidding, Cheryl, thank you!
2. Ginn from The View from My Garden - Ginni is so entertaining, so kind, so funny and her blog was one of the first I began to follow. She had also recommended a great novel about chickens to Cheryl who passed the book on to me.
3. Jay from Cynical_Bastard because he's anything but. He's kind and always makes me laugh. In the first blog of his I read, he apologized to all the Amish bloggers for having offended them. :) I'm still chuckling about that!
4. Rich from Beantown Cafe. Rich always has a kind word and does great photo tours. I marveled at the set-up of his blog.
5. Cristina from Cristina's World. Cristina and I communicate in Italian (her English is great, and I learned how to use Google Translator). Her blog is so interesting and I feel such a connection to my own family through our correspondence. Blogging has SO made the world a smaller place.
6. Kell from The Kettle's On. Kell is Mr. Bastard's sister! She is articulate, kind, and insightful.
7. Brad from Kubuto Farm. This is not the name of his initial blog, but his is one of the blogs I began following a while ago. Always interesting; always a kind word.
8. Classy Southern Gal at Southern Casa is just starting out. She and her husband take turns posting. Her site is worth checking out.
I know I'm only supposed to do eight (8), but I MUST mention two more: Bonnie and Karen are supportive and giving. I met them both through Cheryl and they have been sweet enough to accept me into their Blogger Friends Lunch Group.
- I am a retired English teacher and department head, the mother of three, grand mother of three, and have been married to the same man for 42 years. I subscribe to Dr. PM Forni's concept of Civility. I was born in South Philadelphia and grew up in the 'burbs. I love soft pretzels and cheesesteaks, the Phillies, the Eagles, and San Diego. I love being Mom, Aunt Kathy, Nona Kathy, and Teacher. I spend a lot of time in my gardens in the spring and summer, and in the winter I plan what I'm going to plant. I also am an avid reader and photographer.