Thanks, Susan, for your naming me to "Honest Scrap". I appreciate it and will try to do you proud! Now if I can just get the darn Scrap thing on here....
Ten (10) honest facts about me:
1. I sleep late. I like to wake up when I wake up. That's the glory of being retired after years of having to get up at 5:30 to arrive at school by 7:10. (What the hell are they thinking?)
2. I don't always make my bed. As much of a neatnik as I am, sometimes I just don't feel like it.
3. I have no patience for people who are always down on themselves.
4. I think John M. Jackson as Admiral Chegwiddon on JAG is hot.
5. As a matter of principle, I smile at everyone.
6. I've stopped being patient with people at the grocery store who stand in the aisle and stare into space. First, I politely ask them to move aside. If they don't, I ask them if they are aware there are other people in the store. (Elderly and children are not included in my wrath.)
7. I experience strong food cravings. Right now it's the avocado rolls from The Cheescake Factory; they are REALLY GOOD!
8. I want a bumper sticker that says, "ARE YOU DRUNK OR ON YOU CELL PHONE?"
9. Cell phone use has gotten out of hand. NOBODY needs to be walking through stores, in public places talking on the phone. It's just rude and repulsive. Besides that, I don't have an opinion.
10. I miss walking into a classroom with a smile on my face, and quieting 34 teenagers without my having to say a word. :)
11. You will NEVER see me shopping on Black Friday or getting up in the middle of the night to attend a sale.
People I think are great bloggers (actually, all the blogs I read are great, or I wouldn't be reading them):
Rick -- his blog is chock full of great stuff about pets, Palm Springs, art, and celebrities.
Gilly -- she hails from GB; features a healthy, happy slant on things, and takes great photos.
TAG -- does "Way Back Wednesdays" and has a wry sense of humor and a strong family ethic.
The Therapist Mumbles -- very interesting foray into the world of a practicing psychologist.
Jane -- a fellow Philly girl, Jane lives in Spain (no, I'm not rhyming purposely), is funny, and a talented photographer.
- I am a retired English teacher and department head, the mother of three, grand mother of three, and have been married to the same man for 42 years. I subscribe to Dr. PM Forni's concept of Civility. I was born in South Philadelphia and grew up in the 'burbs. I love soft pretzels and cheesesteaks, the Phillies, the Eagles, and San Diego. I love being Mom, Aunt Kathy, Nona Kathy, and Teacher. I spend a lot of time in my gardens in the spring and summer, and in the winter I plan what I'm going to plant. I also am an avid reader and photographer.