About Me

My photo
I am a retired English teacher and department head, the mother of three grand mother of four, and have been married to the same man for 52 years. I subscribe to Dr. PM Forni's concept of Civility. I was born in South Philadelphia and grew up in the 'burbs. I love soft pretzels and cheesesteaks, the Phillies, the Eagles, and San Diego. I love being Mom, Aunt Kathy, Nona Kathy, and Teacher. I spend a lot of time in my gardens in the spring and summer, and in the winter I plan what I'm going to plant. I also am an avid reader and photographer.

Translator!

Friday, October 26, 2018

THE TIMES, THEY ARE A CHANGIN'

Early voting starts here in Howard County today.  My hope was that voter turnout would be substantial.  We've got really good, ethical representation in this state, and the races here as not as controversial and heated as those of our neighbor's to the north and the south of us.  My expectations were met and then some as it was mobbed.  A hopeful sign, I think.




Our clocks turn back this weekend as well, although I wish we could just keep a national standard time all year.  My body always takes a few weeks to adjust and I really dislike it getting dark at 4:30.

Our leaves haven't changed yet, but this is beginning.  The maples have a bit of color; our nights are getting colder so this should help a bit.

Meanwhile, the inside and front step of the house look seasonal. 

2 comments:

Linda Reeder said...

I think we have one more week of DST before we "fall back".
We vote entirely by mail here in Washington State. Many of us have mailed in our ballots.

Sally Wessely said...

The times certainly are changing, and some of the the changes have been so disturbing.

Like you, I wish we could stay on standard time year round. I do not look forward to the change at all.

The seasonal changes at your house look cheerful and autumnal. I love the colors of fall both inside and outside. I actually did a bit of autumnal decorating myself this year.